How to do Neck Massage at Home
Neck massage is crucial for reliving the tension and eliminating the stress. It is also important to keep the skin well toned because as we progress towards the growing numbers with the ticking of the biological clock the neck skin begins to sag. The reason being slowly and gradually the skin elasticity reduces and it starts becoming loose. This loose skin sags and takes the form of wrinkles. Therefore along with reducing the stress, neck massage is vital for staying young for a long time.
Next thought after knowing the merits and purpose of neck massage could be how to do neck massage?
Well it can be carried on your own in few simple steps. Prior to starting the neck massage ensure to take deep breathes while massaging so that maximum benefits of the neck massage can be attained. Use coconut oil or olive oil for the massage. Massage therapists recommend mixing little essential oil in coconut oil for the neck massage as it gives deep relaxation along with the toning of skin.
Step 1: Sit Comfortably
The first step of the neck massage is to sit comfortably on the chair. This is the self-massage therefore lying down shall not be convenient.
Step 2: Move Head Side to Side
Keep the head in between the palm of both hands. Then move the head from one side to another. Do it very gently without giving any sort of pressure to the head. Carry this out for a minute or two.
Step 3: Massage the Neck
Rest your head on the back of your chair. Get into a comfortable position. Set all four fingers close to one another leaving the thumb away. Take little oil in the fingers and apply it on the neck. Now start moving the fingers from bottom of neck up towards the chin. Move both hands simultaneously one after the other. In between if it feels that fingers are not moving freely from down the neck to up the chin then take little more oil. Entire movement has to be very gentle without any sort of pressure.
Ideally one must spend 5-6 minutes on this step. This step is very important as it tones the neck skin. With this massage the skin is protected from getting sagged as it restores back the skin elasticity.
Step 4: Rub the Nape
The back of the neck is referred as nape. Again set the fingers of any one hand together and take little oil. Apply it on the nape and move it up and down along the back of the neck. Here a more firm hand can be used compared to the front neck massage. Do it for 1-2 minutes. This helps in relieving all the stress and tension. It kind of soothes the person.
In step 3 and step 4, oil is used as it assists in the finger movement and it nourishes the skin. Therefore, take little oil else it can become too sticky and oily. Usually in 2 teaspoon complete neck massage can be completed. Always apply oil first and then do the massage because with massage the oil penetrates inside the skin layer leaving the top skin layer oil free. Practice this neck massage and feel the change!
- Pineapple and Olive oil takes very good care of aging skin. To use this remedy for reducing the deep wrinkles on neck, take 2 tablespoon olive oil, 1 cup of fresh pineapple crush and a teaspoon of rose water. First clean the face and neck with cleansing milk or raw milk. Then apply olive oil…
- Secret Neck skin care recipes are especially created to nourish the neck skin and keep it tightened up so that wrinkles do not appear. The anti-aging neck skin care recipes aims to uphold the neck skin well toned up and free from wrinkles. The aging sign seen prominently on the neck takes away the beauty…
- The fine thin soft creases on neck appearing horizontal are referred as venusâ€™s ring. The vertical wrinkles are quite hard when compared to previous neck wrinkle variant. The neck wrinkles can be treated with home remedies like mask made from pineapple, fullerâ€™s earth and banana etc.Neck skin is very delicate when compared with rest of…
- Banana mask is more effective than any neck wrinkle cream. To make it, take one fully ripped banana, 2 teaspoon of flaxseed oil and 4-5 drops of rose water. Mash the banana nicely in a bowl. To this add other two ingredients. Mix all three together to make fine paste. Apply this paste on face…
- Grate one medium size cucumber. To this add one tablespoon milk powder, half teaspoon lemon juice and one tablespoon concentrated coconut milk. Mix well. Apply this mask on face and neck for 20 minutes. Later rinse it off with plain water. This too can be used everyday to get fair skin.